Monday, July 11, 2011

Olympus 12mm F2.0 Gets First Review

A Spanish website is the first group to get its mitts on the new Olympus 12mm F2.0, and while I'm having a hard time really understanding their methodology in comparison to other, more complete review sites, I fear that I am going to be disappointed by this lens.

It is certainly much sharper than either the Panasonic 7-14mm or the Olympus 9-18mm. It's also significantly faster. But, and this is where I find the most room to complain, it appears to be only on par with the Olympus 12-60mm F2.8. Yes, it is much smaller, but who cares?! Give us zooms first if you're going to be so damned slow in releasing good glass. This 12mm will be Olympus' first good lens. I'd rather have had their first lens be a more versatile tool.

Olympus' upcoming PEN Pro better work wonderfully with Zuiko lenses, or I'm gonna' be pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts are moderated, so it may take a day for your comment to appear.